Talk

Advanced search

Dolphin School in Hurst/Twyford

(5 Posts)
MuminBerkshire Sun 22-May-11 06:58:06

I am on the hunt for a good independent primary school to which to move my DD. She is currently in Year 4 of state school and I was going to move her at the start of Year 5 but am now thinking of starting her after half term. Someone has recommended Dolphin School near Twyford, Berks and I would really like to hear from anyone who can give me some feedback about it.

Many Thanks

stealthsquiggle Tue 21-Jun-11 22:18:03

Just noticed (because I was on another thread about Dolphin) this question. Are you still looking for feedback?

MuminBerkshire Sat 01-Oct-11 18:17:08

Hi stealthsquiggle

Sorry, I have been unblemished to log onto Mumsnet for quite some time and have only just seen your reply. I would definitely still be interested in any feedback about Dolphin School in Hurst.

Thank you

MuminBerkshire Sat 01-Oct-11 18:18:31

Sorry - that was meant to read 'unable' and not 'unblemished'. Must have been auto-corrected incorrectly!!

stealthsquiggle Wed 05-Oct-11 11:57:48

OK - well - I went there,as did my DB, and my DM taught there, but that was in the 70's grin. More relevantly, I work with people who have DC there/have had DC there in the last few years.

Put it this way - if we lived in the area, my DC would be there. It is nowhere near as anarchic as it was, but retains the essential ethos of learning because it is fun to learn, and because you want to.

That said, your DD wouldn't have long to get used to an entirely different environment and expectations (I think "different" is an adjective which could definitely be applied to Dolphin) before she moved on, would she?

Go and look. You will either love it or loathe it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now