Talk

Advanced search

Hitherfield Primary School

(5 Posts)
noko Tue 05-Apr-11 12:10:42

Hi

is anyone from south west London. my son's been offered a place at Hitherfield Primary School. not our choice. want to know if it's a good school?

tabbs Sat 09-Apr-11 10:13:15

Hi,

We've been offered a place at Hitherfield, it was our 5th choice and is a long walk away. A friends son is there and very happy, Im going to have a chat with her about it today. We are very disappointed not to get a local school but i do hear good things about Hitherfield from parents who's children are there. Ofstead is not so good but they can be misleading?

FebreezeYourJeans Sat 09-Apr-11 12:23:36

It was in real trouble a couple of years ago, had an uber HEad from Croydon go in to try & turn it around, so much of the teaching was unsatisfactory you could weep! However, that was probably 18 months ago and hopefully they've moved on.

BleachedWhale Mon 11-Apr-11 14:03:27

Many of my neighbours and DC's friends go to Hitherfield and are very happy. It has an improving reputation and has had for longer than the last 18 months! It has a good reputation locally, I know lots of v nice children who go there.

SunnyJane Tue 12-Jul-11 12:47:32

A bit late I know, but both my children are in Hitherfield and it's a really great school, I couldn't be happier with it. I'm wondering if FebreezeYourJeans is talking about a different school? The head has been there certainly for the last 5 years and he's really excellent. The SATS results are improving, but crucially this is a school that cares about more than SATS. The Ofsted report was definitely not representative of parents' experiences of the school - I don't have any hesitation at all in recommending it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now