Talk

Advanced search

Tooting Bec primary schools

(7 Posts)
KatieM79 Fri 04-Mar-11 08:39:55

Hello,

We are moving to Tooting Bec soon, currently looking at places. I'm not sure about primary schools. I saw Hillbrook had special measures a few years ago, so am a bit worried about that one. Does anyone have any recent (in the last few years) experience of any Tooting Bec primaries? if so I'd be very grateful to hear.

Many thanks,

Kate

andagain Fri 04-Mar-11 09:42:51

I have friends with children at Fircroft and she is very happy with the school as are the children.

Fircroft is my first choice too (my daughter will start school in September) but we are unlikely to get a place there sadly.

daylightdreaming Sat 05-Mar-11 10:33:29

My son is at Fircroft and very happy there. The whole of Wandsworth is tricky for primary school places at the moment because of the baby boom which is predicted to continue so I would make sure you're near to whichever school you prefer.

Deaddei Sat 05-Mar-11 12:27:26

Head retiring at HIllbrook this year.

LJBrownie Sat 05-Mar-11 22:08:21

My daughter attends Broadwater Primary School which is a bit further away but depending on your location, could be feasible - it is a really great school which my daughter loves and was recently rated good with outstanding features by ofsted.

I've also heard lots of good things about Fircroft and, I think, our local MP's children go there (which I found moderately interesting).

Tracey148 Thu 04-Aug-11 22:20:44

Hillbrook is a lovely school I have a little boy who goes there and he is doing really well there. The whole school is very caring towards the children and wants them to be the best they can be. It has just got a new head teacher who has done wonders in her school. It also has the best playground in tooting. As a ptfa member I would encourage people go come to hillbook.

busyknickers Wed 19-Oct-11 21:23:30

I have had three kids going/gone through Fircroft and I can't fault it. It's a great school with great parents and a real 'can do' attitude. And yes, the local MP's kids do go there.
It wasn't our first choice initially - Balham was going through its Ravenstone obsession - but I'm so happy we ended up there.
Couldn't ask for anything else. Both the head and deputy are fab and work well together as are most if not all of the teachers. Great school spirit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now