Talk

Advanced search

How many choices to put on form (option of up to 3)

(4 Posts)
mamapea Fri 14-Jan-11 10:10:16

Sorry to hijack but I was wondering what to do as I really really want our local village school so I have put this as first choice. We live in the village and my son already goes to pre school in same village (not attached to school)...Question is what happens if I don't get my first choice and have listed no 2nd or third choices? Am I foolish to only put one school down? Help!!
confused

LooL00 Fri 14-Jan-11 10:21:48

I only put one choice for dc1, village school within walking distance. My view was that i wasn't driving 8 miles to the next school for reception and that if he didn't get a place he could stay in nursery/at home. I also asked the headteacher if that was sensible and he said there was only one on his list living closer than us and not that many siblings in catchment.
You need to consider what you would do if you didn't get 1st choice.

redskyatnight Fri 14-Jan-11 10:36:13

If you only put one choice on the form and you don't get in, then the LEA will allocate you to any school with places available. Always worth putting down a 2nd choice that you would be happy to have your child go to (even if it is the best of a bad lot).

mamapea Fri 14-Jan-11 11:05:12

Thanks Redsky that's what I was wondering about I guess...I am expecting we shall more than likely get in but don't want my DS to end up in god knows where with epic car journey every day just cos I haven't put second choice!

LL - thanks also - I think your situation is a little different as DS will be going to school in September (HS not a chance!) so no 2nd chance in 2012! wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now