Talk

Advanced search

Daft question re new teacher in reception

(7 Posts)
PenelopeGarcia Wed 05-Jan-11 14:10:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

crazygracieuk Wed 05-Jan-11 14:12:55

I'd expect my child to be introduced to the new teacher and TA before the end of last term but I wouldn't expect to meet the teacher until parents evening (unless there was a problem before that)

MadamDeathstare Wed 05-Jan-11 14:14:48

MadamDeathstare Wed 05-Jan-11 14:15:49

Hassled Wed 05-Jan-11 14:18:48

I think at the very least the new teacher should have been there in a welcoming sort of way at the start of term. It does sound pretty poor - further up the school, fair enough but not in Reception where parents are still coming in to drop off. When did your DS first meet the new teacher?

Re warning - the retiring teacher need only have given half a term's notice, and presumably it then would have taken time to organise a replacement - presumably the Yr1 teacher has been replaced and that would have taken time, and so until that appointment was confirmed there wouldn't have been much they could have said to you.

PenelopeGarcia Wed 05-Jan-11 14:22:22

mrz Wed 05-Jan-11 17:45:01

I find it odd he didn't know the Y1 teacher and had only met her twice at the end of the year

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: