Talk

Advanced search

Lion House School Putney

(14 Posts)
BonjourMaman Tue 04-Jan-11 18:27:54

A number of people have been asking me about local Putney nurseries - we have two children in Lion House School and absolutely love it. The head in wonderful and the teachers truly take an interest in the individual characteristics of each child. Highly recommended.

shoutymcshoutsmum Sat 29-Jan-11 19:26:27

We are hoping to move round the corner. Is there a scary waiting list?

tvfriend Mon 31-Jan-11 10:20:28

I have a daughter there at the nursery too. There is a waiting list but I think it's fairly changeable as people are always moving in and out of Putney.

shoutymcshoutsmum Wed 02-Feb-11 11:11:42

Thanks. Do you like it? It seems pretty pricey.

sparklechook Tue 12-Apr-11 14:12:28

Really interested in hearing more about Lion House. My son is currently at Little Tugboat nursery but we would really like him to start school at Lion House and apparently there is more chance if they move up from the nursery? What age can they start there?

tvfriend Tue 12-Apr-11 22:38:40

They can start the term they turn 3. Nursery do get priority in the school I think.

sparklechook Mon 09-May-11 12:50:32

I visited the school at the Open Day at the weekend, and absolutely loved it! However, seems to be very little outside space, does anyone know whether that still works well? Do they go to the park a lot or any other green spaces at playtime?

tvfriend Mon 09-May-11 17:33:59

I know in the school they take them out to do swimming, tennis etc. I also had concerns about the outside space but it really seems to be OK and everyone with older children seem to be very happy with it. In the nursery anyway they stagger the playtimes so there seems to be room for everyone.

sparklechook Wed 11-May-11 13:55:25

Thanks for all the info, think we may have a place for September next year - fingers crossed! :-)

BonjourMaman Tue 21-Jun-11 22:11:20

I had concerns about the lack of outdoor space and actually started my DC at another nursery. I ended up really not liking the other nursery and switching DC to Lion House. I haven't looked back. It is a fabulous place and once they are in reception, they take trips all the time to tennis (two streets away in the Putney Lawn Tennis Club), swimming, football, etc. The head is fabulous and the school really cares and listens to what the parents think. They even sent around a form soliciting comments on how the school could improve and what the parents thought. What a novel concept!

cavalcanti40 Tue 16-Jun-15 12:28:58

I am very unhappy with my nursery and I am planning to sent my boy to lion house I am extremely concern about the space inside and outside. Can anyone tell me what they make the children do and where they are going for running around?
Thank you very much.
I am really concern can anyone let me know?

cavalcanti40 Tue 16-Jun-15 13:02:43

Is Puddleducks a better nursery than lion house because of the space. Please anyone can tell me what their opinions are. I am lost I am trying to find a nursery around my area that does not have long waiting list and it is a nice place for my child.

sanam2010 Tue 16-Jun-15 17:53:13

Keswick House, part of the Roche School, is fantastic! It's on Keswick Road, close to East Putney Station, Putney Hill.

cavalcanti40 Fri 19-Jun-15 10:16:10

thank you. I did signed him up for that nursery but there is a waiting list and unfortunately they do not do afternoon activities and sometimes ,because I am a teacher I cannot make the 3pm collection. Do you know anyone who send their children at Lion house recently?
Any other suggestions.
I feel that I am running out of time and options.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now