Talk

Advanced search

Schools near St Johns Wood. Can you help?

(5 Posts)
ConcernedStJohns Mon 03-Jan-11 20:24:02

We have just arrived in London, unexpectedly and with very little notice. We will be staying in St Johns Wood and I am desperately trying to find out what parents think, and their experience of, schools in this area. My bright and shy 10 year old daughter has had to be plucked from her country prep school. Does anyone have any experience of Barrow Hill Junior School or St Pauls on Elsworthy Road? I doubt I will be able to afford any school fees but on the off chance that I pick the winning lottery ticket next week are there any views on Abercorn or St Christinas. All advice will be hugely appreciated as in a flat spin tonight! With many thanks .

DeckTheHallWithBowlsOfPomBears Mon 03-Jan-11 21:02:34

Sorry, no personal experience, but I know people who are very, very happy with both Abercorn and St. Christina's.

Is she in Year 5 or 6? If she's in year 6 it's a difficult time to join a private school as they will be preparing the girls for their entrance exams literally right now for private secondary schools.

St. Paul's on Elsworthy Road used to be right up there as one of the top in the borough in terms of league tables, probably still is (but I'm sure you can check for yourself on that.) It's in a very nice area, and very strongly linked to local CofE church. There is a good mix of middle class and less affluent kids. It has a good reputation, although may be a bit rough and ready compared to your nice country prep.

Good luck.

ConcernedStJohns Mon 03-Jan-11 21:16:46

She is the eldest in year 5. Thank you so much for replying. Rough and ready never hurts!

DeckTheHallWithBowlsOfPomBears Mon 03-Jan-11 22:10:23

Oh, also I don't know if you have considered St. Joseph's Catholic Primary School on Lanark Road. That is a really excellent school.

ConcernedStJohns Mon 03-Jan-11 22:17:16

Will Google right now. Thank you. So much to worry about!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: