Advanced search

Documentation for Primary Admissions

(10 Posts)
TooTiredtoGoogle Wed 29-Dec-10 09:01:57

Have just submitted my application online (am in London) and once submitted they ask for copy of council tax bill AND documentation of child benefit or Child Tax Credit.

We don;t get child tax credit and I don't have any documentation of child benefit .... at least I can't find any. All I know is that about £80 is paid into my account once a month.
Does anyone know what I might be looking for? Or how I can get documentation? Or if this is really essential to application process?

TIA smile

Rosebud05 Wed 29-Dec-10 09:27:48

The only documentation of CB we've got is the letter they send when you first receive it (and maybe a later one about a 20p increase or something).

On my bank statement, it shows up as CB something or another - would that be sufficient proof?

RustyBear Wed 29-Dec-10 09:28:58

If you contact the Child Benefit Office you should be able to get a letter confirming you receive child benefit..

They want it to prove the child lives with you, to stop people using a relative's address to get into an oversubscribed school.

TooTiredtoGoogle Wed 29-Dec-10 09:34:13

Yes, I remember the 20p increase letter! Hope I've not thrown it out blush.
Will also call child benefit office just in case.
Thanks very much smile

littleducks Wed 29-Dec-10 09:34:39

I have in the past just rung un the child benefit office and asked for a letter, it just states that you receive CB for X child at Y rate and obviously has your address on it

TooTiredtoGoogle Wed 29-Dec-10 09:38:45

Just given them a call and they told me I should receive it within 10 working days. Hopefully, there's no delay as deadline is 15 Jan.

Littleducks - Did you get your letter quite promptly?

littleducks Wed 29-Dec-10 13:23:20

Not really tbh

I would hand in the other proof and a note saying you have requested confirmation of CB but it has not arrived on 9th Jan if that is the case, so that your application cannot be classed as 'late'

Remember you dont have to claim CB so if need be they can accept other proof that your child lives there if need be but a CB letter is simple easy and most people claim

TooTiredtoGoogle Wed 29-Dec-10 14:28:28

Thanks Littleducks.
Think I'll give admissions a call when they reopen.

mollythetortoise Wed 29-Dec-10 20:15:36

you can also scan and attach your childs NHS form. The one you get sent shortly after birth with NHS number on

admission Wed 29-Dec-10 21:15:45

I would also be tempted to suggest telephoning the admissions office for advice on this. Also ask them to confirm by email just in case the advice is found to be incorrect later on.
The reason why they are asking for this information is to confirm the resident's address is correct.
What slightly worries me is that this information could start to be construed as asking for personal information about the applicant, which is definitely not allowed under the admissions arrangements. Hence my concern to suggest you ask the LA to confirm exactly what they want and why.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: