Talk

Advanced search

Primary schools in Sale, Cheshire

(6 Posts)
TheCalvert Mon 20-Dec-10 17:03:36

Hi all,

We are in the process of applying for schools in Sale, Cheshire and was wondering if anyone had any views of the schools on offer, plus how hard are they to get into?

Ta

InThisSequinBraYesYouOlaJordan Mon 20-Dec-10 18:15:54

It depends where you are trying to get in to. I know that a couple of more popular ones are completely full at the moment. Have you rung the LEA for availability, or is it for Reception? If it's for Reception, you need to get cracking, closing date is 31 Dec for applications.

Can you be a bit more specific about what you want to know?

SaleMum Mon 20-Dec-10 18:30:40

There are several schools in Sale that you won't get into unless you live in catchment, even then some people don't get places.

Agree with InThisSequinBraYesYouOlaJordan, it depends which year your applying for and where you're applying from.

TheCalvert Mon 20-Dec-10 18:51:02

Applying for Reception for 2011. DS is currently at private nursery and we live pretty much in Ashton Village. Preferences are Park Road and St. Mary's but it is a nightmare trying to find catchment area maps for either school and knowing how many childrenn they are estimating are within the catchment areas for the respective schools.

You have 5 choices now for schools - if you don't put the local less good school on your form is there a chance that you mmight get allocated it if the other schools are over-subscribed?

Salemum - which schools do you mean?

Thanks for your respective help guys! grin

SaleMum Mon 20-Dec-10 19:48:22

Put your first choice as your actual first choice. If you are ahead on the criteria, you'll get a place, it doesn't matter what your second choices are. If you put your first choice as Park Road, for instance, they can't allocate a place to anyone who lives further away in catchment, unless they have a sibling.
It's best to put as many choices as you can as they will move down your list until there's a school with an available place.

I believe there are children living in catchment who didn't get into Park Road of Brooklands. I'm not sure of any others.

Good luck.

Nausicaa Mon 20-Dec-10 22:13:23

Hi I had the same problem trying to find the catchment area map for Park Road. I eventually found it on the link below:

www.trafford.gov.uk/cme/live/dynamic/DocMan2Docume nt.asp?document_id=AE7AEA9E-FC31-461B-8478-F78528E 2D770

The PDF doc shows the current catchment area. As you can see, the council is proposing changes to the current catchment area due to the oversubscriptions to the schooln within the catchment!

Ps. you can always call the school and ask them the send you their catchment area map.

Good luck!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: