Talk

Advanced search

Teachers-what would you really like

(13 Posts)
narna Fri 03-Dec-10 17:28:12

as a small christmas gift ? Hoping for some ideas so DDs teacher-who is amazing! doesnt get chocs again lol.
Also a bit stuck as there are TAs and student teachers/nursery nurses there too so do i get something they can share out or what? TIA :-)

Pinkflipflop Fri 03-Dec-10 17:47:33

Bottle of wine, £5 M&S voucher, small yankee candle, small box of nice chocolates, a really nice mug for staffroom coffee - anything like this. Would love to get any of these items!

No horrible soap sets or horrible tacky beads please - they go straight to the charity shop!!

Pinkflipflop Fri 03-Dec-10 17:48:53

Sorry - just saw no chocs again!

Yes, get the TA's something they can share a tin of sweets is fab, all staff honestly love them to nibble on during the day!!

MentalFloss Fri 03-Dec-10 17:53:23

All gifts are appreciated of course but the things I really treasure are home made things such as a card made by the child, mug painted by the child etc.

One year I got a picture painted by a little boy in a nice picture frame and I've still got it on my desk at work even though I have moved schools.

MmeBlueberry Fri 03-Dec-10 17:59:24

Bottle of wine

BelligerentGhoul Fri 03-Dec-10 18:00:31

A plate of cakes or brownies or something to share would be hugely appreciated.

As a secondary teacher in an inner-city school, I rarely get gifts - but I would be very pleased indeed with a notebook and pen from Paperchase or a box of chocs or some flowers.

MmeBlueberry Fri 03-Dec-10 18:02:51

A great thing to do for your teachers, TA and admin staff, is to send in sharing gifts now - tins of biscuits or choccies.

There is nothing nicer for a teacher than to have a box of biscuits available at morning coffee.

It also means that all the support staff that you might overlook get their efforts recognised too.

CloudsAway Fri 03-Dec-10 18:11:42

Voucher, a paperback book, biscuits/brownies, notebook or nice pen, socks

Octavia09 Fri 03-Dec-10 19:35:13

Where is your modesty teachers? I thought that most of the teachers would say that a card would be enough. No here we have a list of things like paperchase notebooks, vouchers, socks, etc. What is next? Why not to create a gift list and put it on the school's website? Are you not just pleased with any gift given by the parents?

BelligerentGhoul Fri 03-Dec-10 20:36:54

Octavia - the op clearly wants to get her dd's teacher a gift, not a card and wondered what teachers would like.

Clearly we are all mercenary and ungrateful -judge away, my dear.

Humph. Goes to write another list in order to distribute it with the spelling h/w.

OP - you sound lovely and I'm sure your dd's teacher would be just as happy with a card and a smile but if you do want to buy a gift, go ahead.

narna Fri 03-Dec-10 22:51:01

Thankyou everyone for your suggestions smile,yes i do want to get my DDs teacher something nice,she is great with DD who has SN and has really gone out of her way for her.

jennifersofia Fri 03-Dec-10 23:08:30

A card from parent, and a homemade card from child is the best, if they are heartfelt. If you wanted to give something solid, homemade biscuits or a nice bowl of fruit!
Nice to hear how much you appreciate the teacher and staff, OP.

KittyFoyle Fri 03-Dec-10 23:15:22

Thinking of getting ours a copy of Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel. They did Tudors this term and I know she likes reading historical novels but hasn't heard of this (I cunningly asked her).

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: