Talk

Advanced search

Primary schools in trafford

(7 Posts)
KGor Tue 30-Nov-10 13:54:12

Hi!! Please help if you can. We are being relocated to Manchester and I know Trafford is good for schools so we are gong there. Think we have settled on Sale - but due to lack of being able to get up there don't have luxury of going round each school. We went to St Mary's which was very nice - does anyone know it or have kids there? Any other recommendations would be much appreciated!!!

sarahfreck Tue 30-Nov-10 14:02:10

Do look at which are feeder schools and catchment areas for particular grammar schools too. For instance I know that Urmston Grammar School takes the top 30 children in the 11 plus from wherever they live but then offers places dependent on how far away you live from the school. So for example, if you live in the same postcode area as the school your dc will almost certainly get a place even if they only just pass the 11 plus whereas they could do a lot better (but not as well as the top 30) but not get in if they live further away.

Acanthus Tue 30-Nov-10 14:05:17

No feeder schools in Trafford - selective and distance based entry only. All the schools in Sale are pretty good.

Acanthus Tue 30-Nov-10 14:06:30

Sorry. All the primary schools in Sale are good. You might want to make sure you live within 0.9 of a mile of Ashton on Mersey secondary in case your Dcs don't pass for the grammar.

KGor Tue 30-Nov-10 17:07:33

Great advice - thanks. Just wondering if anyone's kids go to st mary's in sale and how they find it or woodheys?

Acanthus Tue 30-Nov-10 19:19:56

They're both good, so are Springfield, Brooklands and Tyntesfield.

KGor Wed 01-Dec-10 07:21:08

So as i am applying in- year and trafford say it doesnt matter where we live as long as it's in trafford - which 3 would be on your top list? I know then we will get given who has got places and i've got three boys! But it's worth a go!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now