Talk

Advanced search

Nativity

(10 Posts)
almondape Mon 29-Nov-10 19:43:01

is it ok to 'customise' nativity costumes? The teacher told me that in the past some mums have been very clever with sewing and creative things resulting in the school getting a very good collection of costumes. so when we got home we got out the costume and glitter (oh yes). Now, we have a vegas angel costume which will probably leave the church very glittery and i'm thinking 'oh no' ala Floppy and Chip. hey ho.

Goblinchild Mon 29-Nov-10 19:54:00

Was it a school costume, or yours from scratch?
It's a bit late now, but you could have discussed your ideas with the teacher first.
It may be fine if she's Gabriel, less so if she's one of the angelic choir unless you share the glitter around.
Are you prepared to face all the 'Get her and her glammed-up DD' from other parents?
Good Luck grin

almondape Mon 29-Nov-10 20:07:52

ha ha - i hadn't even thought about the other parent's take on it and yes it is the schol's costume and yes she is part of the angelic choir.

Soooooo it seems that i may be in trouble on all fronts blush.....but we were only having fun.

I'll try and broach the subject and let you know how i got on.

Goblinchild Mon 29-Nov-10 20:15:53

These things happen, I hope your DD gets to wear it happily.

almondape Mon 29-Nov-10 20:41:00

gulp.

Goblinchild Mon 29-Nov-10 20:48:52

grin

emptyshell Tue 30-Nov-10 08:02:36

Half the glitter will fall off by the time you get to school anyway and you'll be finding it in your house, car, bed for the next decade anyway.

I worked in a school once where glitter was banned as it "wasn't appropriate to children's creativity" (private school ran by a couple with very odd artistic ideas)... stuff that lark - glitter and PVA glue is the best bit!

sarahfreck Tue 30-Nov-10 13:53:23

Take a load of tinsel in for your dd to share out with the rest of the angelic choir so that they can share in the sparkle! DD becomes popular with angelic peers and her teacher appreciates your generosity and willingness to contribute to all angel costumes!

SparkleSoiree Tue 30-Nov-10 13:57:29

Everyone loves tinsel on an angel's halo don't they??

almondape Tue 30-Nov-10 19:50:03

ha ha - whats a nativity without tinsel and glitter. Word is on the street that at least one other angel is going 'vegas' too. Bring it on smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: