Talk

Advanced search

Labelling school clothes

(6 Posts)
sitdownpleasegeorge Thu 25-Nov-10 12:57:57

Has anyone used a fabric marker/clothing marker gadget from AbleLabels ?

I'm wondering if they are worth the money, as it would save a lot of time.

Am needing to be a lot more heavy handed on the labelling front after an expensive lost property situation at school.

kreecherlivesupstairs Thu 25-Nov-10 13:37:57

I use a permanent marker. DD used to have everything scrawled on, gussets of knickers, sock insoles, you name it, I'd name it.
How I wish I could be that eager still. Would save a lot of money.
Don't bother with any fancy pants stuff from Able lable, a nice permanent marker pen will suffice.

DiscoDaisy Thu 25-Nov-10 13:43:48

I just use a biro and every so often go over the names when they start to fade. It all goes missing anyway. My DD has a sweatshirt for pe that has her surname printed on the back like the footballers have. That still went missing even with nobody else in the school having the same surname.

Doyouthinktheysaurus Thu 25-Nov-10 13:45:16

I've used a clothing pen from Tesco. Lasts as long as the iron in labels and much less hassle. As it wears off, just re-write.

The only things I've found I have to sew labels in are hats and gloves.

Lizcat Thu 25-Nov-10 13:49:08

Sew on labels for clothes that can go to second and shop. Iron on transfer labels for tights and socks.

dikkertjedap Thu 25-Nov-10 14:52:42

I use a biro for most things - when ironing I check if it is still clear and go over it again if necessary. I just write on the normal label with size etc. For socks I use the transfers from easy2name, quite happy with it so far.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: