Talk

Advanced search

School Fundraising - Christmas Trees

(6 Posts)
Kay14 Thu 04-Nov-10 20:34:47

Hi. Our PA would like to raise money for school through selling Christmas trees to the parents. I have found a couple of companies via the web that offer this service (ie providing trees for us to sell) but they are based in the South.

Has anyone done this kind of thing before who has any advice? Does anyone know of suppliers in the North?

Thank you in advance for any advice.

Corriewatcher Thu 04-Nov-10 21:50:34

My school did this last year. We're in the Home Counties and it was a very local firm that we did it with. It was great as it provided parents with a delivery service that was of use to them at a busy time. The tree people did all the arrangements, we just sent out the leaflets in book bags and took a commission! Maybe you could just approach some local Xmas tree farms?

Kay14 Fri 05-Nov-10 20:20:03

Thank you Corriewatcher. Did they deliver the trees to peoples homes or to school for them to pick up?

I will ask a couple of local suppliers if they might be interested in doing this.

Sparky123 Sun 07-Nov-10 22:07:40

Please can you tell me what the companies were down South ?
We are based in Sussex and were thinking of the same scheme, but I cant find anyone

Kay14 Thu 11-Nov-10 20:53:01

Hi You could try contacting www.treesfor christmas they have some good info regarding their 'for schools' scheme on their website (enquiries@treesforchristmas.co.uk) - when I emailed they said they deliver to London and South East.

PaisleyLeaf Thu 11-Nov-10 22:09:06

Sparky, it might be worth speaking to Little Down Farm. We get our tree there and I'm sure they supply lots of places.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now