Fussy eater

(4 Posts)
ange08 Mon 07-Jun-21 20:41:51

Does anyone else have a fussy eater to the point where you have to cook separate dinners if so any advice ?

OP’s posts: |
TheDukeissoHot1 Tue 08-Jun-21 20:46:38

I’m not much help but can completely sympathise! My DS(10) is extremely fussy & has a very limited range of acceptable foods. I can’t convince him to have even a tiny taste of anything new. Most nights he eats chicken nuggets and pasta because that’s virtually all he will eat.

I waver between cooking just the one meal & saying tough (done that many times over the years & all that happens is he doesn’t eat for days & is then crying with hunger) or just giving him the bloody nuggets because at least he’ll have eaten something.

I don’t know what is the best approach, thought we’d have long outgrown this issue by now!

adhdpunchbag Wed 09-Jun-21 18:11:44

Me. No advice though. It's just the two of us though and I just cook separately.

PaperMonster Sat 12-Jun-21 18:52:01

There’s three of us and we often have different meals as we have different needs/likes. I won’t have my daughter referred to as fussy purely because she likes different things to us - my OH objects to anyone calling him fussy!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in