Period starting?

(6 Posts)
redsky75 Sun 05-Jul-20 19:41:16

My dd (almost 12) told me today that she's had some discharge over the last few weeks and today she said it was browny in colour (no pain/smell/itching). I reassured her that this was perfectly normal and probably a sign that she's about to start her period...does it sound like she's away to have her first period?

OP’s posts: |
Elouera Sun 05-Jul-20 19:43:12

Yes. you sound like a great support and I'm sure she will be fine. Does she have a stash of pads?

Aquamarine1029 Sun 05-Jul-20 19:43:45

Yes. Make sure she has the supplies she needs.

redsky75 Sun 05-Jul-20 19:45:58

Yes, she's had pads for a while now but I showed her again today how to use them. She's only had discharge for a few weeks she says so I'm surprised in a way that it's going on to period straightaway as everything I've read says 6 months of discharge first. Either way she seems calm about it

redsky75 Sun 05-Jul-20 19:46:12

Yes, she's had pads for a while now but I showed her again today how to use them. She's only had discharge for a few weeks she says so I'm surprised in a way that it's going on to period straightaway as everything I've read says 6 months of discharge first. Either way she seems calm about it

redsky75 Sun 05-Jul-20 19:46:30

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in