Suicidal or hormonal?

(1 Post)
ChoccieEClaire Thu 18-Jul-19 17:46:59

My DD is 12 and just about to finish Y7.
She has yet started her periods but is developing body wise.
Exactly a month ago so she had an emotional meltdown, it started over something simple and resulting in her packing bags. When I discovered this she said that she wanted to go to see her grandparents and then she was going to disappear as she had done everything in life that she wanted to do. This was said through tears not calmly.
Today I had a call from school to say that she had gone to her head of year as she felt emotional and suicidal. It's exactly a month since the last time she felt this way.
I brought her home and she calmed down very quickly and is now perfectly back to her normal self.
We chatted lots about how she felt and although she used the word suicidal and knows what suicide means, from our conversations she doesn't exhibit the feelings you would expect to see. She is very open with me about every aspect of her life (and her friends lives!)
I really don't know what to do for the best for her. Her feelings come really quickly and then dissipate quickly to normal.
I've considered taking her to the GP but will this make things bigger than they are? Plus now she is back to 'normal' will they think it's wasting their time?
The timing makes it feel hormonal but I really don't know where to go from here.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in