Onset of puberty making my child 'nicer'?

(3 Posts)
NotAnEMERGENCY Thu 10-Jan-19 14:19:36

My daughter turned 10 in Nov. Physical signs of early puberty have been noticeable for 3 months or so now. This seems to also have coincided with her becoming more cooperative and much easier to 'handle'.

You tend to hear a lot about how puberty will make your child into a 'difficult', 'demanding', 'moody' individual. My child, however, seems to have been born as a tween and has always had an 'attitude'. I've found it very challenging, to say the least!

But for the last few months it's as though the sun has started shining in her life. She is (sometimes) actually willing to be helpful and can take 'no' as an answer. Her behaviour is now more like what I would have expected after she comes out the other side of puberty.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? Is it possible that her change in attitude could be due to puberty? (My DH is thinking along the lines of more oestrogen making her more nurturing etc.) Or is it going to go downhill again very soon?

OP’s posts: |
BikeRunSki Thu 10-Jan-19 14:22:33

My DS is two months older, and quite the opposite!

Kintan Thu 10-Jan-19 14:26:17

My nephew was the same - Very difficult and angry child, but now aged 11 is the kindest most pleasant little gentleman I’ve ever met!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in