Advanced search

something like a Betty Box

(6 Posts)
RebeccaWithTheGoodHair Tue 13-Mar-18 18:05:26

I need to get some stuff in for DD so she is ready when she starts her periods - don't want to just hand her over some old tampons and liners of my own!

I don't want to start up a monthly subscription though and certainly don't want to put in sweet treats. I was thinking of a nice bag, some mini-tampons, some liners and pads but this isn't very exciting. Could anyone possibly send me a link for a pre-packaged thing so it feels special and/or a link to a silver moon pendant?

She knows about periods from being small but obviously the reality is slight different! If anyone can think of something else that could help then I would be ever so grateful.

Thanks so much. I feel like it's important to get the right balance between practicality and a treat because it's a hard time for girls I think.

37KAT Tue 13-Mar-18 18:09:56

My DDS didn't use tampons for ages after starting their periods.
I didn't get them anything out of the ordinary however I always make sure that we have their favourite biscuits and hot chocolate in the house when they're hormonal and they really appreciate it.

Wh0KnowsWhereTheT1meG0es Tue 13-Mar-18 18:10:06

Lillets do a starter pack in a little bag with different pads, towels, tampons. You can get it in Boots or supermarkets.

DoneDisappeared Tue 13-Mar-18 18:10:18

There are quite a few options available in the states, but not much here. You should make your own. If you Google period starter kits you can get a ton of great ideas.

RebeccaWithTheGoodHair Tue 13-Mar-18 18:12:27

Thank you! I hadn't been able to find much in the UK so it seems there is a gap in the market!

haya130 Sat 17-Mar-18 10:13:36

I know this is a late reply - try ebay I got our DD a pack/box set off there, think it was about £7 all in

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now