Advanced search

Tooth completely split in half!

(4 Posts)
RGPargy Sat 10-Feb-18 21:35:54

Evening all!

RGPargy Sat 10-Feb-18 21:41:48

Sorry, what I was trying to say was:

Evening all!

My 10 yo DD was eating dinner tonight when her tooth (thankfully a baby tooth) split right in half!! She had an adult tooth growing down in front of it but this quite big baby tooth has cracked right in half and one half is proper dangling around in her mouth. It also looks like dark inside, which is quite worrying. Not sure if it's decay (I hope not!) or the inside of what a tooth is meant to look like!

Typically she has an appointment at the dentist in Thursday but it's looking like we'll need to get her to a dentist sooner than that. I'm thinking it'll probably be the emergency dentist tomorrow really.

So am I right in thinking that they'll just extract it or do you think it can be repaired some how? The new adult tooth growing in front still has a long way to go yet.

Any advice would be wonderful.

Thank you. smile

RainbowDashed Sun 11-Feb-18 10:55:32

This happened to my dd1, it was left for a while to see whether it would come out on its own but didn't, so was extracted after about 6 months. It never caused her any problems.

Backingvocals Sun 11-Feb-18 10:58:29

This happened to Dd. It freaked me out but the dentist said that it was quite common. The second half came out a few weeks later iirc. I remember also being concerned by the inside but I think the dentist said it gets hollowed out as it’s ready to fall out and that’s also why it splits - it becomes quite weak. I don’t think you need to worry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now