Talk

Advanced search

11 year old girl and puberty

(9 Posts)
BootHill Mon 06-Nov-17 14:07:54

Mummies of older girls (11 and upwards).

Eldest DD has been in the throws of puberty most of this year. She has a developed chest area, hair under the armpits and hair on her girl bits.

She has complained of lower back cramps since yesterday. Have any of you mummies with older girls who have been or are going through puberty experienced this? I’m wondering if her periods are imminent.

millimat Mon 06-Nov-17 14:16:09

I can't really help but my guess is yes. DD is nearly 14 and not started hers yet, but I keep seeing what I assume to be tell tale signs.

dementedpixie Mon 06-Nov-17 14:19:58

sounds like it could be. Dd started hers age 11 after developing in other areas

BootHill Mon 06-Nov-17 14:23:19

I started mine in the October when I was 11. I’m 32 now and cannot remember a thing about it other than a momentary “Yay I’ve started!” which I now look back on and think “Silly girl!”.

Migraleve Mon 06-Nov-17 14:26:52

Could be imminent. Could be a year away.

One of mine never had any pain when she started. The other had cramps every month for about 18 months before an actual bleed occurred.

Twinkletowedelephant Mon 06-Nov-17 14:27:03

Dd was just 11, 6 months on she's getting the hang of it although still can't grasp the concept that nothing had been done to permanently stop periods until you want to have a baby..... or your about 30

Honestly she says why can't she just get a text that says yep not pregnant move on...

She is planning a career in bio science and is resolved to sort out this issue

sotired2 Mon 06-Nov-17 14:27:30

my DD is 11 and we are getting a lot of bad tantrums/meltdowns which is not like her - her poor bro is taking the brunt of it!

dementedpixie Mon 06-Nov-17 14:28:03

Have you got sanitary towels? I got the lillets starter pack as it comes with a wee bag they can use for school. Dd found the lillets pads were to short and likes the longer cheap kotex ones

BootHill Mon 06-Nov-17 14:31:13

DementedPixie - Yes, she has a little kit in her school bag just in case smile

Sotired2 - Yes! The mood swings and stropping.

Twinkletowedelephant - Your DD is completely right! I say that myself!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now