Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

My baby's growing up! 😭

(2 Posts)
MacaroonMama Fri 06-Oct-17 14:25:56

Hi All,
I have three DSs, aged 8, 5 and 1. DS1, who will be 9 in January, has recently had some real mood swings, has shot up and is filling out, is embarrassed when I sing or dance (I only do this at home, not in public!) and is, I think, giving us a glimpse of what he will be like as an adolescent! He is such a sweet boy and we have always been really close, and I think he feels a bit bewildered about these changes too.

I am doing a lovely Positive Parenting course atm but that is more for younger kids. I have the books Playful Parenting, How to talk so your kids will listen..., Sibling Rivalry - what else should I read? I am going to order him the Usborne Facts of Life book too and maybe the Puberty for boys one (as long as they have got rid of that sexist bit about girls' breasts).

Anything else? Suggestions? I am trying to stay calm and positive with him, and hug him when he has calmed down, but I feel quite anxious about it.

Thanks in advance for any advice/hand-holding!

EveryoneTalkAboutPopMusic Tue 10-Oct-17 18:59:03

I think you are doing everything right! Our eldest has recently become a teen, we just try to make sure he has sone time with us without his siblings around.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now