Talk

Advanced search

First concert

(20 Posts)
katknapp Fri 29-Sep-17 19:45:11

Hi all,
My daughter is 11 and about to go to her first concert with her big sister,its a little mix concert! thing is shes always been very sensitive to loud noise,shes never been to a firework display as she completely freaks at the noise,i did think of getting her noise defenders but will they completely block out everything! as i dont want her to not be able to hear the music :-/ ..and im actually terrified her going too,my oldest daughters 27 but im feeling really anxious

SleepingStandingUp Sat 30-Sep-17 01:06:42

Does she understand how noisy it will get?
Does she want ear defenders?
Where about is she seated?

I don't find the cheaper ones cut it all out and obviously shecan take them on and off but you really need to talk to her and see what she want to do

Dancergirl Sun 01-Oct-17 10:45:53

Errmm, why is she going to a concert if she doesn't like loud noise??

My 10 year old is the same with noise, she likes pop music but there's no way she would want to go to a concert because they're very noisy.

MrsJayy Sun 01-Oct-17 10:50:06

Does she understand it will be busy and noisy? She might get agitated. you can get earplugs they don't block out all noise and she can take them in and out as she likes.

katknapp Wed 04-Oct-17 16:17:11

yes she knows it will be loud,and i did'nt want her to go to it, but shes a massive little mix fan and the tickets were brought by someone else,now i have another problem as in she will need a day maybe even 2 off school, as the person that brought them did not check with me over school dates and her school is on half term the week BEFORE (typical of my luck!) i really don't want to say no to her as it will break her heart...gahhh horrible position!

SleepingStandingUp Wed 04-Oct-17 21:19:20

Why does she need 2 days off?

FlowerPotMum Wed 04-Oct-17 21:21:32

Why does she need 2 days off? We go the week after next ( I'm taking my two, I love LM!) They're 9 and 12. School night and no day off required!
It's very loud and busy. How old is her sister?.

SleepingStandingUp Wed 04-Oct-17 21:22:49

If its standing tickets you may have a problem as its normally 14 and over

SellFridges Wed 04-Oct-17 21:29:58

I'm fairly chilled but I wouldn't be taking DD out for two days for a concert she might not enjoy!

As it happens, I am taking DD to Little Mix in a few weeks, but on a Saturday afternoon. She's only 6 so I'll take her ear defenders. She may or may not wear them I guess.

EveryoneTalkAboutPopMusic Wed 04-Oct-17 21:39:04

If you wanted to say no, you could always tell her that her school have refused a 2 day holiday.

katknapp Fri 06-Oct-17 13:18:25

her sisters 27 and fortunately its in a seated area..if i had booked the tickets it would have been for the weekend but i did'nt,as it was the tickets sold out very quick and these were hard to get and it was a very kind gesture to do, so i'm not about to moan at the person that got them for her,i've just got to work a way around it all in way that will least disrupt her schooling! it starts at 6.30 so if i can get her out of school for 2ish and hopefully she will be buzzing enough she will want to go to school the next day if not i want the option that ive got permission from the school :-/

SleepingStandingUp Fri 06-Oct-17 14:12:35

Even though it starts at 6.30 that will be the support act. I'd call and see what time LM start.

How far away are you from the venue if you're contemplating 4.5 hours to get there?

jelliebelly Fri 06-Oct-17 14:20:59

2 days off school for a little mix concert? Not sure you've got your priorities right!

SleepingStandingUp Fri 06-Oct-17 14:23:48

Im wondering if its in the next city so a few hours drive each way?

BeyondThePage Fri 06-Oct-17 14:32:20

2 days off school!

DD on a school music trip to a concert 90miles away yesterday, left straight after school, got home at 1.30am, in bed by 2, up for school at 7am.

She will be knackered, but if she wants to go, on a school night, she just puts her head down and gets on with it.

katknapp Fri 06-Oct-17 16:27:25

Actually Jellybelly i have got my priorities right! i came on here for advice not pointless comments like that!

SleepingStandingUp Fri 06-Oct-17 23:48:21

Katnapp why does she need 2 days off? What is travel time to the venue?

Dancergirl Sun 08-Oct-17 10:28:27

Sorry OP, but I just wouldn't do this for all the reasons you have mentioned. All that effort, time off school etc and she probably won't enjoy it anyway.

What were you planning on saying to the school anyway?

I would apologise to her sister and ask if the ticket can be used by someone else.

11 is very young, there will be plenty more concerts to go to when she's older.

SleepingStandingUp Sun 08-Oct-17 12:17:15

Is let her go but if expect her to go to school as normal.

BackforGood Sun 15-Oct-17 19:03:16

What is the travelling time ?
It's ridiculous to take 2 days off school for a pop concert.
Its also ridiculous to send a little girls who is very anxious about loud noise to a pop concert. I mean, why would you ? confused

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: