Talk

Advanced search

Which are good shops to buy clothes for larger DD age 12

(7 Posts)
notafish Fri 22-Sep-17 19:14:14

DD is 12 and has grown out of her clothes over the summer - not just height-wise but width wise too.

Her body shape keeps changing but at the moment she is carrying fat around her stomach and hips which I guess might decrease when she has a proper growth spurt. However, even without the extra body fat, she's always had a larger build, with a wide pelvis and a high waist/short waist. A lot of clothes look ill-fitting on her. Jeans don't come up high enough, t-shirts stick on her hip bones instead of skimming them, that kind of thing. I think we'll now buy exclusively ladies clothes but where is good for buying clothes that aren't too long on her but are big enough for her. She's probably around a size 8. Also, what styles of clothes are good for this body shape and this age group - especially tops?

Cakescakescakes Fri 22-Sep-17 19:20:10

I have wide hips and am short in the body and topshop joni jeans are a great fit on me. They're stretchy skinnier and come in loads of finishes. A very forgiving fit.

Cakescakescakes Fri 22-Sep-17 19:21:08

They also come in a variety of leg lengths so you can get the fit around the waist but with a shorter leg if needed.

notafish Sat 23-Sep-17 16:44:53

Thanks - I'll try Top Shop for jeans. Anyone else?

Skyllo30 Sat 23-Sep-17 16:48:10

I got some great fitting high waist jeans in Matalan recently, fit quite like Topshop ones. They're very stretchy and comfortable.

How tall is she? If short anywhere with a petite range might work. I was a tall 11/12 year old so wore size 6/8 petite. Haven't grown much since, just out!

marcopront Sat 18-Nov-17 05:43:45

My daughter who sounds similar finds quite nice clothes in H and M.

OldWitch00 Sat 18-Nov-17 05:50:53

Could you become adept with a sewing machine and customize her clothing?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now