Talk

Advanced search

Why do non of the mums talk to me?

(5 Posts)
throwawaythekey Tue 30-May-17 20:16:52

So my DD is 11 and ever since she's been in her primary school I've always felt like non of the other mums like me. I feel like I'm always pleasant and will make the effort for conversation if approached but most of the time they ignore me and keep to the clique. Since DD got a scholarship to a private school it's been worse and they don't even say hello. I am considerably younger as I had my first when I was 17. Don't get me wrong some of the mums are lovely but I just get a really uneasy feeling when I'm around them. AIBU? Do they hate me for some unknown reason?

MissJSays Tue 30-May-17 20:25:43

She'll be leaving soon anyway won't she? I wouldn't let it bother you

throwawaythekey Tue 30-May-17 20:27:40

Yeh I suppose your right. It just really niggles me. One in particular just seems to really dislike me, her son dropped his shoe so I gave it her and she didn't even look at me. Why would you make someone feel so uncomfortable?

snowflake25 Tue 30-May-17 20:39:45

Remember it is not you, it is always them. They don't know you not to like you do they?

It could be envy that you are younger/more attractive. It could be envy that your child is clearly bright. Either way you are out of there very soon, so be pleased to be going! And to a lovely new school.

If you would like more friends try joining a class or book club where you will meet nice and welcoming new friends. Better to sometimes avoid the school cliques if you can anyway.

Your child will soon have her own friendship circles and she won't need you to be around so much. The worst is over now definitely. Move on and be happy at your new school.

Mumoftwoandover Mon 17-Jul-17 20:24:41

I would learn to not bother. My son's primary school mums where exactly the same. While I was all happy trying to approach and be friendly I was being blanked over and even passed by without being looked inthe eyes by people I knew, neighbours etc ... I never knew why people avoided me. But I learned with that.
Might be jealous, they must have their own problems and insecurities really..
Just ignore them and keep smiling, they are the problem not you ! Specially because you are you ger 😜😜😜😂😂😂

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now