Talk

Advanced search

10 year old is so down

(2 Posts)
Welshy123 Mon 22-May-17 14:27:38

Hi my daughter has said numerous times she doesn't feel herself, she said she feels down a lot and hates school. I know alot of kids hate school but she has always been a happy outgoing girl and she's doing a complete 180 and is very down a lot. I've spoken to teachers and they are helping her a lot at school. Is anyone else going through this as it's tearing my heart out to see her like this and I want to help her.

elektrawoman Wed 24-May-17 14:57:26

Sorry no advice but I am having a similar issue with DD 11.
In our case I think it's to do with self-esteem - not feeling like she is 'cool', saying that other children think she is weird, feeling like an outsider - and also friendship issues - girls can be mean! It's so sad because she has always been so lively and fun-loving, and she says she can't be herself any more. She still goes to school OK because she is pretty sensible, but I get tell she is starting to dread going.
If anyone has any advice or can suggest any books we can read about it I would appreciate it too! Sorry to jump onto your post.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now