Talk

Advanced search

Hormones

(3 Posts)
leighalexandra Tue 09-May-17 12:52:26

Hi I was wondering if anyone has been in the same boat (obviously many of you!) but my step daughter is highly emotional and has been for the passed 6 plus months. She was 9 in January and is getting very emotional however she says she doesn't know why? I am guessing it's hormones. She has started to develop very tiny boobs and I read that you can start your period as early as 8 😳
Myself and my partner are unsure if school has broached any of these subjects yet so need to investigate. Her mum hasn't mentioned anything more than how emotional she is also. Just wondered if anyone had any ideas or tips? Thank you in advance

EveryoneTalkAboutPopMusic Tue 09-May-17 22:30:28

Was just about to post something similar about my DD. She's become a master flouncer since she's turned 9, storming out of rooms and slamming doors.

She'll be 19 in a few months and she's beginning to sprout too.

We got DD this book. It's nice and simple and includes information on eating well and keeping clean. Don't know how your relationship is with her mother though. Could you ask her if it was ok to get her the book?

leighalexandra Wed 10-May-17 09:20:02

Thank you for your message. I will have a look out for that book, good idea

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now