Talk

Advanced search

So when she tells DS (12) on Instagram that ILYSM and she might have to kill herself if he breaks up with her...

(2 Posts)
WilfSell Sun 18-Dec-16 22:58:30

...This is just preteen girl drama, right?

You'll be wanting to know why I check his Instagram. That's because he's been an idiot online before now and I've only allowed him to have it on the understanding that I will check it out.

I feel bad for reading her messages, but I can't avoid it, as she is so very full on. My son is pretty monosyllabic, while she seems to have virtually married him in her head. I can cope with all this quite well, but I'm unhappy if he's being put under emotional stress with statements about her killing herself, however serious it might not be (but how do I/he know, really?)

I haven't met the girl but I'm wondering what her parents would think. Presumably they don't know she is posting such things? Or maybe they do, but as they know her, they know how best to judge it.

I really don't want to intervene, but I don't not want to if I need to. Is there something to do here, that isn't going to create a big horrible mess, other than talking to DS about it?

TrollTheRespawnJeremy Mon 19-Dec-16 00:32:08

I think a lot of teens are prone to saying ridiculous things like 'I'd die for you.' etc.

I think you really need to meet her to be able to judge

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now