Tampons for 11year old?

(8 Posts)
inkpad Fri 25-Nov-16 20:12:05

My daughter started her period over the summer holidays ( when she was 10 (and 11 months), and has been using sanitary towels without any major issues. She loves swimming, and whilst she hasn't asked yet, are there any suitable tampons for this age (I've seen the teenage type, but would they be too big?).
Thanks

dementedpixie Sat 26-Nov-16 16:57:41

There is a choice of the teen ones or Tampax does a lites version that is thinner than normal ones

Dotty342kids Tue 29-Nov-16 08:21:28

Mine started her period just before 11th birthday. She didn't like the feel of pads much, other than at night. She tried various tampons, incl the Lilets teen range but much prefers the standard Tampax Compact (compax?) Pearl applicator tampons now, as the applicator bit is plastic and (sorry for the detail!) easier to insert!

carriedeane Mon 06-Feb-17 08:31:36

I echo the thoughts of Dotty, my eldest wanted to try tampons and we first tried tampax compact pearl. Only needed light flow and it was all ok, certainly plastic applicator make it easier and she was pretty chuffed with herself. FYI small dap of a lubricating jelly on the very tip made it more comfortable.
If look at manufacturers website often can get free samples then can trail and error with what she prefers.
All the best.

WhatHaveIFound Mon 06-Feb-17 08:36:45

DD has just started using Tampax Compact. Despite starting her periods at 12½, she was 15 before she comfortably used tampons.

TheEdgeofSeventeen Tue 07-Feb-17 21:50:11

I started using just normal Light tampons at age 11 ( bought them myself, mum had a right go when she found out when i was 12 saying I was "too young") I don't see what the big deal is if she is able to remember to change them and it doesn't hurt her upon insertion etc.
My sister asked me ( 3 years younger) how you're meant to put one in when she was 17 :') because shed never used them ( started her periods at 8 - I know).

JustDanceAddict Wed 15-Feb-17 17:58:57

The pearl Ones are supposed to be good but my 14 yr old won't use them yet so good luck getting an 11 yr old to try. I didn't get to grips with them til I was 18.

Chanandler Wed 15-Feb-17 18:02:30

My 11 year old was a swimmer too - Tampax Compact were fine from the very start.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now