Talk

Advanced search

9 year old son, just a bit worried

(3 Posts)
Hells32 Thu 24-Nov-16 22:09:47

My son is showing signs of early hormone changes, he said to me that he doesn't like the way he is feeling about a girl and wants it stop!!! He said he has a crush! Is this normal? I've tried taking to him but he keeps shutting me out

JustSpeakSense Thu 24-Nov-16 23:03:29

It's completely normal, at that age crushes come and go for a matter of days.

My son was about that age when he first told me he liked PE because in the sunlight (insert girl's name here)'s hair shone like gold. He was besotted with her.

Of course, the more I asked the less he'd open up. So damn private! Now he is almost 16 and tells me loads of things that happened in the past or stuff about his mates....but still keeps quiet about what's happening with him right now.

pklme Thu 24-Nov-16 23:04:00

It's probably a bit confusing for him. Maybe offer him a combination of lots of opportunities to wear himself out, and some suitable books about relationships.
It sounds like he finds feelings hard to talk about. Perhaps you could look for some activities about this on the web? Start with less personal ones and work up to the tricky ones!

Or leave him be- just make sure he knows you are there when he wants you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now