Talk

Advanced search

Shopping & birthday

(4 Posts)
dancemom Sun 04-Sep-16 20:22:16

Dd has decided she wants to go shopping and for lunch with a few friends to celebrate her birthday.

However I can't work out the best way to do this as a birthday celebration? I could pay for lunch for them but what about the shopping part?

Is it okay to say they should bring some money? Should I provide a gift token??

marmiteloversunite Sun 04-Sep-16 20:30:57

I would pay for lunch and then let them get on with the shopping. My DDs are 16 and 13. I wouldn't expect them to be given any money if they were going into town for a friend's birthday. They have an allowance for that.

Spiderpigspiderpig Tue 06-Sep-16 13:05:13

I was on a train recently. There were 6 girls all around 15, sitting together. They were on a birthday shopping day out as a treat for birthday girl. It was special as they were going to manchester (from cumbria) so it was a proper grown up day out.
The mum of the birthday girl was also on the train a carriage down. She was going with a friend and be there to keep an eye on them. As in let them shop, all meet for lunch, then let them shop again.
I know all this as I was chatting to the mum for a bit.

Spiderpigspiderpig Tue 06-Sep-16 13:06:13

I would expect them to bring their own money for shopping, but pay for lunch/transport

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now