Excessive body hair!

(7 Posts)
Pab78 Mon 29-Aug-16 18:11:16

I have 3 DC's, DD age 12, and DS 8 and DS 5. When my DD was born she was quite fair haired but had quite a lot of hair on her back which I know can disappear. It hasn't, plus she has quite a lot of hair on her face, extremely hairy inside nostrils and on legs, arms etc. She is blonde haired but all this other hair is dark. My DD aged 8 has the same colouring as his DS but darker skin and has an unbelievable amount of facial hair and leg/arm hair. Littlest DD is starting to show the same! Basically I am dark haired and a little hairy but not excessive and I would say DH is average and fairer. I am concerned how I should handle it with DD and older DS. DD has been having her top lip waxed as it got so so bad and has started to mention the other areas more...... Thank goodness lovely big eyebrows are in fashion! DS is also worrying me as I think by the end of this year he will look like he has a full on moustache!!! Is this normal to run in families? Should I take them all to the GP? Don't want to overly concern the DC's? Anyone in the same situation or can offer any advice please? confused

Fayfoord Tue 06-Sep-16 07:05:14

Wow I wonder what the gp could suggest. Can shaving and hair removal become a part of regular routine for you all . I got a teen who had early puberty and was embrassed by body hair ahead of friends hen taking sports showers at school etc , a Philshave hair removal trimmer and it was very easy , she'd do most of her body most days and as far as I know found it easy and still does . I'm not in regular contact as this was foster care . Hope that helps . They may need help with back hair .

AyeAmarok Tue 06-Sep-16 07:08:53

I'd say don't go down the shaving route.

Waxing is better, it grows back softer and more sparse eventually.

Or epilate. But don't start your DD shaving.

LifeIsGoodish Tue 06-Sep-16 07:21:07

But how do the dc feel about it?

Don't project your concerns on them. They may be cool about it.

(Fellow parent of a 'furry kitten'.)

Fayfoord Tue 06-Sep-16 08:27:59

T shirt with some people are hairy get over it .
Guess it's if it means the kids look post puberty very early it can be tough for them .

Pab78 Tue 06-Sep-16 15:00:47

Hi thanks for your responses. DD is conscious of it mainly down to her age and all the other changes she is going through as a 12 year old. At Primary she had some very nasty remarks about her upper lip which really upset her but we handled it. As I said she waxes her top lip, well I do it for her of course and that works well but it does still grow back quickly! Legs she has started shaving and armpits. DS2 who is 8 is the worry currently as he is just so hairy facially..... He is quite a self conscious little chap although very confident when out and about. He mentions it often..... He has extremely long black hairs on his neck which he has had for about 3 years! I try very hard not to mention it unless they do bad just focus on other things, but I just wonder why they are all like this!?!?

Pab78 Tue 06-Sep-16 23:16:45

Should say "unless they do BUT just focus on other things " (not bad... Silly fat fingers typing on iphone and predictive text Arghhhhh!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now