Talk

Advanced search

DD being bullied, help

(4 Posts)
Hotwaterbottle1 Sat 27-Aug-16 06:57:22

DD (12) has had trouble with this other girl last few weeks of primary (we are in Scotland) including being hit & pushed. No apparent reason. Two incidents at parties during hols, again pushed & DD pushed her back first time. Few mean comments made but DD has just ignored. Then yesterday on way home from school she pushed DD out onto main road, DD spoke up, she then grabbed her so DD pushed her away & ended up scratching her, DD actually apologised but girl went mad calling her F****g C etc. DD just then walked away. This girl is Miss Popular in their group which has expanded since end of P7. One of DDs friends has called her up on the meanness but rest have said they know it's mean but they want to stay friends with this girl ie they are too scared of her to take sides. DD is now also being excluded from things outside school. My fear is (which is keeping me awake) losing her friends, her support system, just when she needs them. We just told our kids a few weeks ago we are separating. What would you do?

brightspark2 Sat 27-Aug-16 06:59:34

Get the school involved now! Nip this in the bud this is the start of the mean girls heirarchy and could last right rough high school. It is bullying and needs to be dealt with as such.

Hotwaterbottle1 Sat 27-Aug-16 07:03:42

My son is at the high school so I know from other parents that they are unlikely to get involved regarding things happening outside school.

user1474652148 Fri 30-Sep-16 18:15:56

I second bright spark. A phone call to the form tutor straight away. If you know the parents of the bullying child, I suggest you call them - meet for coffee and talk to them about what is happening (if they are reasonable and fairly nice) If this is not possible, alert the school to dangerous behaviour being pushed into a road is completely unacceptable. Everything you have told us is unacceptable.
Can you start collecting your dd from school for now and dropping her there? ALOT of bullying is done in this way.
Keep on her side, supporting her, caring for her and generally looking after her - she will come through this, but do not ignore it whatever happens.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now