Talk

Advanced search

Deodorant for 9 year old dd

(6 Posts)
Dancergirl Tue 19-Jul-16 23:48:28

Does anyone have any recommendations please? Should it be a more 'natural' one or doesn't it really matter as she'll probably be using Sure or Dove etc in her teens?

KnickerBockerGlooooory Tue 19-Jul-16 23:55:12

My girls use a natural one called PitRok which is a mineral roll on I buy in Boots. I read up at the time and advice seems to be to steer clear of usual deodorants that contain aluminium oxide.

KnickerBockerGlooooory Tue 19-Jul-16 23:55:51

Ps it's so effective I now use it too!

StickTheDMWhereTheSunDontShine Wed 20-Jul-16 00:00:35

Just something unscented and non-irritating. Once my eldest needed deodorant, he needed the good stuff. My youngest sweats under the arms, but doesn't smell yet.

Roll on best - easiest to apply and school acceptable. Teen verdict seems to be Mum unscented too sticky (mum verdict, after a hot day our, it's rubbish, anyway) Mitchum Unscented acceptable and not annoying to wear (though it only comes for "women" for some stupid reason) and actually works.

BirdyBedtime Thu 21-Jul-16 12:54:18

DD (11) uses the Bionsen stick and it seems to work (when she remembers to put it on). Smell is ok and not too girly

lovelilies Tue 26-Jul-16 20:07:28

YY to PitRok my DD uses that. Still a bit whiffy after activities

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now