First bras for very slim dd

(10 Posts)
Ineedmorecoffee Sun 03-Jul-16 16:39:20

My 11 year old dd has had a growth spurt over the past few weeks.
I've done a very rough measurement and she's coming out at 25inches (band measurement), I've had a look online and most places don't seem to start less than 28. Any ideas where I can go shopping with her, we are very rural and have to make a lengthy trip, don't want it to be a waste of time.

loveyoutothemoon Thu 02-Feb-17 11:40:55

Hi, where did you get them from in the end? Very eager to know, have the same problem! Anyone else advise?

APaperMe Sun 05-Feb-17 21:22:09

Bumping this thread as I have the same issue, Dd1 is complaining her crop tops aren't supportive enough and her breasts are sore when they move, but she's a very skinny 10 (nearly 11) yr old and there doesn't seem to be anything out there small but supportive enough. I managed to find an xs sports bra in victoria's secret which she finds more comfortable but it isn't a good fit.

FromIbizaToTheNorfolkBroads Sun 05-Feb-17 21:26:05

I seem to remember DD's first bras coming from New Look's teen range (she's a skinny minnie).

It's worth trying them on though as we found the sizings mean nothing in some cases!

Borntoflyinfirst Sun 05-Feb-17 21:38:50

DD is 12 and up until recently has been wearing padded crop tops from Next - a little bit more supportive and certainly she prefers the little inserts (not actually padded). She's skinny too but Peacocks 28AA bras seem to fit ok.

APaperMe Sun 05-Feb-17 21:38:56

I always forget new look have a teen range. There's one near us so will definitely have a look.

APaperMe Sun 05-Feb-17 21:48:08

I'll have to measure her but I think a 28 would be huge, I'm only a 30 and am much bigger around the ribcage than she is. I was hoping I wouldn't have to worry about this for a few years yet!

DontCallMeBaby Wed 22-Feb-17 21:25:21

Crappy M&S sizing is your friend here. DD started in their 28" band Angel bras, now in a 30" - no way is her ribcage only 2" smaller than mine! She was about 25" round the ribcage when the 28" fitted her.

amyt250190 Sat 25-Feb-17 16:26:01

My 12 year old was tiny she measured as a 31 and cup size aa/a she had it measured by a professional but when the bras were tried on they were miles too big and she said they were uncomfotable. Id reccommend the sports bras in primary they are really comfy I even bought some for myself now as I have been going to the gym

ZombieApocalips Sat 25-Feb-17 16:32:08

Like Dontcallmebaby - my dd has opted for the nonsense sizing of M&S Angel bras. (It's the teen range found in the lingerie department.) She wears a 28 band even though she's only 25 underneath. She finds them comfy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now