Talk

Advanced search

Hobbies?

(5 Posts)
Methenyouplus4 Fri 22-Apr-16 22:54:12

Other than screen time, reading or playing outside/clubs, what hobbies does your pre-teen have?

audreyharley Sat 23-Apr-16 19:03:17

DD [14] is a dancer and DS [12] plays piano, are you concerned about your own DC's hobbies? It's never too late to get into a hobby, if you are concerned ask your child what they might like to do. Good luck.

Methenyouplus4 Sun 24-Apr-16 19:14:32

A bit. He is fine in the summer when he can be outdoors and he does rugby/scouts still in the winter and reads a lot. I just feel that on a (rare) lazy afternoon dh& I have to fend off several 'Can I watch youtube/ play whatever computer game' requests and when we say no, he's at a bit of a loss what to do. Hubby paints models in his spare time (d's not interested in that) and I tend to garden/cook. Just curious how children of a similar age pass their free time if they have an unexpected hour spare.

TheScottishPlay Sun 24-Apr-16 19:31:21

DS (12) is a scout, has just begun guitar lessons and also writes stories based on his interest in war and warring nations!
He would Xbox and YouTube all day too if we allowed it.

QueenofLouisiana Mon 25-Apr-16 22:10:31

Fussing the dog, chatting to the gerbil, rummaging for food, pestering about lunch/ dinner/ breakfast (delete as appropriate). Draws comic strips, rummages for more food...

He trains a lot for sport and is waiting to be 11 so he can go to the gym. Also does scouts and drumming. He'd love more screen time (no chance), but reads quite a lot too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now