My 7 year old smells strongly when she perspires.

(7 Posts)
Ningnang2000 Sun 13-Mar-16 21:30:35

Hi

I've noticed that my daughter has body odour when she is very active. Is 7 not a bit young for that? I don't want to get her paranoid and i'm afraid introducing deodorant would make her self conscious.

Is this normal or indication of an underlying problem?

fuzzywuzzy Sun 13-Mar-16 21:48:46

Think it's normal get her to bathe more regularly

waitressinacocktailbar Sun 13-Mar-16 21:52:53

I can only go on what i would do (I have 9 and 11 year old girls) and that's on the next weekly shop, (which you would do when she is with you), go find the Mitchum deodorant and say "ohhh look 2 for 1 we can have one each" kind of thing. She may be aware and too shy to say?

WeAllHaveWings Sun 13-Mar-16 21:58:28

Ds(12) started getting whiffy around 8 years old. Start showering everyday if she doesn't already, twice if needed due to activities and if still needed try a gentle alcohol, paraben, and aluminium free roll on or stick.

Ds is currently using a sanex stick which is nasties free and combined with daily showering keeps the whiff at bay.

SavoyCabbage Sun 13-Mar-16 22:03:01

My dd uses the sukin deodorant. It's natural but it actually works. And it smells really nice.

The 2for1 idea is a good one.

SavoyCabbage Sun 13-Mar-16 22:04:27

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sukin-Nautral-Deodorant-125ml-spray/dp/B003VJQLUK/ref=sr111?ie=UTF8&qid=1457906606&sr=8-11&keywords=sukin

I've seen it on Ocado too.

Ningnang2000 Sun 13-Mar-16 22:29:59

The thing is is seems really strong when she perspires but doesn't hang around too much or get stronger as the sweat gets stale as it does for adults. She had her sister's party today and they both had a bath about two hours before the party. I noticed it when she came of the bouncy castle but not when I was putting her to bed.

The 2 for 1 idea is good. She loves a shower so that is not a hard idea to adopt either.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now