Talk

Advanced search

getting a pad pack ready

(17 Posts)
Towelonthedoor Sat 21-Nov-15 20:22:44

I have a nearly 10yr old DD, I want to get a pack ready for her to keep in her bag or just at home. Are there any pads best for younger girls?! She shows other signs of developing so at some point it will happen. Any help or advice is welcome.

TeddTess Sat 21-Nov-15 20:24:15

lillets teens range do a really good pack

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Sat 21-Nov-15 20:24:47

Get her a variety if you can - wings/no wings etc. And some tampax.too.. Avoid scented!

dementedma Sat 21-Nov-15 20:28:25

I would start with pads rather than tampons personally. Unscented definitely. Add a pack of wet wipes for her hands too and spare knickers.

TeddTess Sat 21-Nov-15 20:30:15

i mean lillets pads, liners - they do a really good teen starter pack. there are some tampons in there too but i took those out for now.
here

Towelonthedoor Sat 21-Nov-15 20:31:59

Yes pads would be best at this age and deffo unscented! Where can you pick up these teen ranges? I had a little look in tesco today, however only a smaller store. Thank you

LIZS Sat 21-Nov-15 20:34:18

Boots do a mixed Lillets pack. They are often on an offer.

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Sat 21-Nov-15 20:37:39

You can also.get the Lillets pack on Amazon...

dementedpixie Sat 21-Nov-15 20:41:39

Tesco had the lillets pack. Dd found their pads a bit small so uses normal sized ones instead e.g. bodyform, always, etc. She started her period age 11 and is now 12.

Stars1 Sat 21-Nov-15 20:44:38

I agree with Lillets teen pack as the pads are smaller. I gave dd a small makeup bag with pads, spare knickers, wipes and some nappy bags.

Missdee2014 Sat 21-Nov-15 20:56:49

My small for her age 11 year old had her first period in July (age 11.3). I got her the lilets teen ones from superdrug I think, boots also do them. She actually prefers the always pantyliners to them so does between them and uses the liners on lighter days. Best with a selection of 2 or 3 to see which she prefers.

TheSecondOfHerName Sun 22-Nov-15 21:33:42

DD already had an 'in case of emergency' pack in her schoolbag, with spare hairbands, tissues (she gets nosebleeds) etc. When she started the last year of primary school, I added an individually wrapped sanitary towel and a spare pair of knickers.

Jinglebells99 Sun 22-Nov-15 21:38:29

The lilets pack looks nice, but my dd found the pads too small.

dementedpixie Sun 22-Nov-15 21:44:39

My dd also found the lillets pads small. The bag is handy though

Dotty342kids Tue 24-Nov-15 08:57:15

I'd recommend the Lillets pack too, though I took the contents out and put them in another little make up bag so that it was less "obvious" what the contents were smile
My 10yr old DD started her periods at the weekend and is doing fine with their pads though I think she'd prefer to use tampons / tampax if she could, for the discretion of them. Have explained to her that it might take a good few attempts to get the hang of how to insert them though as I remember many hours of locking myself in the bathroom to try!!

Heathcliff27 Thu 03-Dec-15 20:37:06

My DD, 11, started her periods today at school. She has had towels in her schoolbag for a while now just incase. I feel a bit bereft that my little girl is growing up. She isn't phased about it at all.

Bluesicles Fri 04-Dec-15 14:08:23

I actually started with tampons and never used pads... Maybe you could ask her what she would prefer...?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now