Talk

Advanced search

Amount of sleep for 12 year old!

(5 Posts)
jomidmum Mon 10-Aug-15 14:06:54

Hi, I knew that my son would sleep a lot once he hit his teens, but I didn't expect it at 12 years old! He's still asleep at 2pm; he went to sleep at 11pm last night smile
I'm assuming I just leave him to sleep on days we're not going out anywhere? The last couple of days I've woken him at mid-day as we've been going out.
I'm just wondering what other parents do!
Thanks.

nickynackynoo31 Mon 10-Aug-15 23:04:45

I leave my 12 year old in bed up to dinnertime if we're not going anywhere. don't see the harm in them having a lie in in hols. I'm probably jealous it's not me in bed till dinnertime lol x

cariadlet Tue 11-Aug-15 15:14:35

dd has always needed a lot of sleep. She's 12 now. We've pretty much been sticking to usual bedtimes this holiday unless there's a particular reason to stay up late. She moaned for a day or 2, but is now fine with it.

She's been going up about 9 o'clock and seems to get to sleep fairly quickly. Then she wakes up around 8ish - still quite a lie in compared with school days. If slept in late I'd leave her unless we were going out, but she seems to naturally get up early.

caringdad66 Thu 13-Aug-15 17:34:54

I am amazed at how long my 12 yr old sleeps too.
He has just finished year 7, and is sleeping for 12/13hrs per night.!!!
At bedtime I remove all screens from his room,so I am pretty sure he gets to sleep within an hour.
When I was his age,I would never of slept that long.
Guess they are all different.

WankerDeAsalWipe Tue 18-Aug-15 22:38:30

It's supposedly becasue they are growing etc but DS1 age 15 has managed to get to 6'1" and DS2 age 14 is 5'11" and they get up at between 6.30 and 7.30am regardless of weekends or holidays etc. I actually wish they would sleep in smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now