Talk

Advanced search

DD started her periods today!

(13 Posts)
Euphemia Fri 26-Jun-15 15:45:23

Bless her - she was all moody and grumpy yesterday. Horrid to me.

Today she was all sweet and "Mum, I'm sorry, but I need my sheets washed ..." then all these questions about tampons and swimming, etc! Aaw.

She's 13 next week - I'm trying to be calm and reassuring, but there's a part of me wants to tell everyone because I'm relieved at this sign that everything's working as it should. smile

I'm NOT going to do what my mum did, declaring to my auntie and my grannie: "Euphemia's a woman now!" hmm blush

I'm dead pleased that DD came to me for help and advice. She has her moody moments, but we're doing fine. smile

sleepwouldbenice Sun 28-Jun-15 00:50:19

Just wanted to say smile for you both. A big moment x

stareatthetvscreen Sun 28-Jun-15 00:53:57

sweet innit smile

Dancergirl Tue 30-Jun-15 17:18:14

Don't tell anyone without her permission! My dd is very private about it.

IHaveBrilloHair Tue 30-Jun-15 17:21:18

Dd was 10, she took in all in her stride.
It's great to see them growing up and becoming young women.

Singsongsung Tue 30-Jun-15 17:37:40

How brilliant that she came to you and could talk to you. I live in hope that when the time comes mine will be able to do the same.
My shitty relationship with my mum meant that it was something I dealt with at home which was awful.

Singsongsung Tue 30-Jun-15 17:38:13

At home??? Er alone!!
Been a long day...

Euphemia Tue 30-Jun-15 17:43:01

I told DH, but that's all. She's coping really well. smile

OOAOML Wed 01-Jul-15 10:05:14

That's really good - expecting it soon with my DD, and remembering that for some bizarre reason I was mortified and didn't tell my mum for quite a few months, I can't remember why now but I remember wanting to keep it hidden. Thankfully she already knows a lot more than I did at that stage and I think she'll be fine with it.

I'm hoping that the moodiness will be easier to deal with once periods start, as there will be an obvious 'sign' of growing up. At the moment we're getting random times of moodiness, flouncing about and when it gets really bad bursting into tears really easily.

Euphemia Wed 01-Jul-15 10:20:56

I told my mum the day it happened, so I was worried DD might keep it secret! I was pleased she asked me for advice, embarrassing though it must have been for her!

purpleprincess Mon 06-Jul-15 14:59:06

Hey OP what age did you're did start developing....can you tell when periods going to start roughly? My dd has been a bit stinky for a while (today bought her some antiperspirant as teen deodorant not working). She has a bit of fine hair under her arms and sone downstairs although I've not seen blush. She is starting to get little buds so wearing little vest tops...oh and she is 11 in September. I didn't start until I was just 13 I think but don't know how old DH was when he started puberty. I know I need to get her some stuff just in case....

Thanks

voluptuagoodshag Mon 27-Jul-15 17:02:26

My DD (11) has just started. Was whiff for a while, rampant mood swings, cramps. There is a very useful wee 'starter pack' which I got her to carry around with her as I knew it was imminent. I think I got it out of Superdrug.
She was very mature and matter of fact about it when it happened and quite happily told me. The second one was more of a nightmare. Dreadful cramps, waking at night and needing a hug, very heavy period, awful mood swings. I'm just going to have to ride out the storm for the next while

ralphlauren Tue 28-Jul-15 09:14:36

My dd started 3 months before she turned 13, I have an app on my phone to keep track of her cycle. After the first one she missed the next month and then had 2 the following.
10 months on and it's starting to be regular. I also bought the sheets to go on top of her bed (pampers/huggies) to protect the mattress.
She carries a little make up bag with towels, wipes and nappy bag and spare knickers just in case.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now