Talk

Advanced search

Disruptive in School

(3 Posts)
Cartobste Fri 12-Jun-15 14:09:37

My DS is almost finished year 7, he is constantly being told off for talking in class and being disruptive. His grades are great and there is never an issue with his school work, we just can't seem to get him to understand that he must start to behave in class. On top of that, as an only child, he has always been surrounded by adults and the way they (and we) speak to each other. This means that he can often say something that from him, at his age, just sounds rude. Any ideas how we can overcome these to issues would be most appreciated! He really is a lovely boy!

holmessweetholmes Fri 12-Jun-15 14:16:33

Not sure why you would speak differently in front of one child than you would in front of two confused. Adults speak to each other in front of kids all the time, regardless of how many kids there are!

Anyway, it's good that you're keen to nip this behaviour in the bud. His work might not be suffering yet, but it certainly will do if he carries on this way (plus all the other kids' work). What are school doing about it? Detentions? If the school's sanctions aren't having any effect, then you need to impose some (withdrawal of privileges etc).

Cartobste Fri 12-Jun-15 14:39:02

When I say speak differently I mean adults can often be sarcastic or not very nice to one another, or take the mickey out of each other, not that that happens a lot at home, but it is the only reason I can think of for the way he speaks to others sometimes. He doesn't seem to understand sometimes that what he is saying is wrong or rude.

We are talking with the school about it and he has had a couple of detentions, he does have privileges removed which he hates, but still the behaviour crops up again!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now