Talk

Advanced search

Stinky DD

(14 Posts)
MadauntofA Sat 06-Jun-15 23:59:04

my 10yr old has started developing, but no hair yet. She is soooo stinky! She is now reluctantly showering every morning and wears deodorant - the gentle no aluminium type but after an hour/ any kind of activity she really smells terrible. She isn't that bothered but I don't want her friends, none of whom are showing any signs of puberty, to tell her she smells. Do they bother at that age? Do I suggest a spray as well as deodorant/ better deodorant???

Tequilashotfor1 Sun 07-Jun-15 00:01:27

Get a better deodotrant for her. I remember a girl in my secondary school getting crucified for B.O sad

longlistofexlovers Sun 07-Jun-15 00:02:27

I understand why you want the non aluminium type. But I think I'd want my DD not to smell more. Get a stronger one.

Corygal Sun 07-Jun-15 00:08:35

Everyone remembers the smelly child. grin Buy her some decent shower products as well. And a bath mitt. Sanex is both gentle and a bit antibacterial. When that works, introduce a scrubbing brush and soap for the feet.

seaoflove Sun 07-Jun-15 00:12:13

I would get her a regular deodorant. I remember my mum getting me to start wearing deodorant at that age.

MadauntofA Sun 07-Jun-15 00:12:32

She already uses sanex and a scrubber in the shower. I'll get her a better deodorant then. It only started a few weeks ago and I thought it was a day at school with her school shirts as they aren't cotton but over half term she has carried on being stinky! I do remember the smelly girls in secondary school but don't remember primary and she really doesn't care!!!

IHaveBrilloHair Sun 07-Jun-15 00:14:39

Better deodorant, clean clothes and bedding daily and showers as often as you can get her in there.
Dd went through that phase.

longlistofexlovers Sun 07-Jun-15 00:17:32

Can I recommend Sure? This one is cracking:

www.boots.com/en/Sure-Women-Crystal-Anti-Perspirant-250-ml_11849/

MadauntofA Sun 07-Jun-15 00:20:46

Will try that sure one, thanks.

Weebirdie Sun 07-Jun-15 00:24:44

Isn't it an anti-perspirant she needs and not a deodorant?

WyrdByrd Mon 08-Jun-15 18:08:24

Brillo when you say went through that phase...

...did your DD just get better at personal hygiene, or do you think they are particularly stinky when in the full throes of puberty & it settles down with their hormones?

My DD is nearly 11 and has had to use deo for a couple of years already. She has a bath every night, washes in the morning before applying & still smells like a meat pie when she comes home from school.

Have tried nagging, supervising, demonstrating how to wash properly but most days it seems to make little difference sad .

Sorry to hijack OP, fwiw I've bought deo wipes for DD to have in her school bag & resorted to buying her Mitchum for the days she does basketball & street dance, but still something seems to be going wrong.

Mercifully no-one seems to have noticed/said anything so far...confused

Corygal Mon 08-Jun-15 21:54:22

Clean hair helps as well. Schools are smelly places, so use that as an excuse should you need one to up the hygiene.

CamelHump Mon 08-Jun-15 21:58:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

IHaveBrilloHair Mon 08-Jun-15 22:11:43

A bit of both WrydByrd
She was 10/11 at the time and going through puberty but although she handled periods fine, she was a bath dodger.
She's older now, will be 14 in August, and is more body/image conscious.
She showers daily at her choice, wears clean clothes ( This was problem for a while too), and voluntarily changes her bedding.
I buy her the products she likes and it's not an issue now, I do feel your pain though, it was awful at the time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now