Advanced search

Books for parents of pre-teens?

(2 Posts)
donteattheplaydough Mon 02-Feb-15 11:07:51

Hi my DD is 9 and I am finally coming to terms with the fact I have a pre-teen and no longer a little girl....

I've ordered a couple of books for her about body changes / growing up as recommended on MN, but what about books for parents about managing relationships with pre-teens, does anyone have any suggestions?

It's quite an emotional journey for both of us I think; for her the hormones and body changes etc; and for me the realisation that she is growing up and I have to start letting her go and help her on the road to independence (sob)- so if anyone has read any books that helped them as a parent cope with this phase, I've love to hear!

Kaf56 Tue 03-Feb-15 08:13:28

Hi, hope this book you we like it?
Parents book '' How to talk so teens will listen & listen so teens will talk'' or
'' How to talk so kids will listen & listen so kids will talk'' also cyou may have a look amazon reviews?
For 9 years old girls best book to read '' American Girls Book The Body Book For The Girls''

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now