Talk

Advanced search

*Pants for DS 9 HELP*

(27 Posts)
ElaineFromLondon Sun 30-Nov-14 18:59:42

Hi, I'm looking for pants for my DS, I seem to be having trouble finding some for him though, He's 4"4 but he's got chubby thighs and (to be honest) a very big belly, He's got lots of jeans and chinos but none of them will fasten up around his belly, he went to a party yesterday and I had to use 2 safety pins to try and at least half fasten his chinos, one of them broke and im pretty sure some people noticed. Anyway, does anybody know some good places to get some that'll fit comfortably and be the right length on him.

ilovepowerhoop Sun 30-Nov-14 21:26:39

do you mean pants or trousers?

ilovepowerhoop Sun 30-Nov-14 21:27:31

some places do plus size/sturdy fit type jeans e.g. Next, BHS

TeenAndTween Sun 30-Nov-14 21:37:26

Sorry, no help, but can't you just buy larger and turn up the length?

keepmoving Sun 30-Nov-14 21:49:45

Next jeans seem to have generous leg widths and I really rate Boden, we size up but for both width and length. Obviously avoid skinny styles but the flannel trousers, cargo style work well.

ElaineFromLondon Sun 30-Nov-14 21:53:17

I mean trousers, when Ive tried BHS and Next clothes on him they haven't fitted, BHS plus size would just fit but not if he was to put on any more weight.

ElaineFromLondon Sun 30-Nov-14 21:58:55

Boden's aren't big enough either, I used to get stuff for him from there but It stopped fitting him.

FelixTitling Sun 30-Nov-14 22:02:26

Tesco? they always seem to have very generous waistlines for boys.

SerialNamechanger1 Sun 30-Nov-14 22:02:44

Can I very gently suggest that perhaps you need to take a look at his portion sizes, what he is eating and the amount of exercise he is getting. It's not fair on him to be so overweight that even the plus sizes won't fit and it will only get worse as he gets older if it's not controlled now. (Unless he has a medical condition, in which case I'm sorry).

afreshstartplease Sun 30-Nov-14 22:04:08

What serial said

ElaineFromLondon Sun 30-Nov-14 22:08:30

I'm not 100% sure what is causing his weight, he eats an awful lot for his age but it seems to be very recently that he's suddenly got a big tummy and started getting quite fat. He's going to the Doctor's on Thursday to see about it.

FelixTitling Sun 30-Nov-14 22:18:21

It might be a good idea to keep a diary of everything he eats between now and then and take it with you.

ElaineFromLondon Sun 30-Nov-14 22:20:51

Felix- Sounds like a good idea, provided he tells the truth about how much he's eaten when he goes to his friends house for tea smile

FelixTitling Sun 30-Nov-14 22:24:03

well if he's anything like my 9 year old, he'll have forgotten by the time he gets home grin.

ElaineFromLondon Sun 30-Nov-14 22:26:38

I'll ask his friend's mum, I'm sure she'll remember.

ElaineFromLondon Sun 30-Nov-14 22:42:06

I've checked Tesco's website and their trousers won't fit him either.

FelixTitling Sun 30-Nov-14 22:51:54

how about here?

ElaineFromLondon Mon 01-Dec-14 19:30:53

I've looked at the website mentioned above by FelixTitling, everything on there is justtoo small for him. Except for a pair of elasticated shorts.

AuntieStella Mon 01-Dec-14 19:35:10

As that site goes to a 44inch waist, I'm not sure you're going to find anything and your best bet would be to buy elasticated trousers in an adult size and turn them up.

I hope the doctor's appointment goes well.

BelleateSebastian Mon 01-Dec-14 19:35:29

The trousers go up to a 52" waist, im sure your ds isnt that rotund! just turn the legs up.

BelleateSebastian Mon 01-Dec-14 19:36:01

cross post Stella grin

AuntieStella Mon 01-Dec-14 19:39:55

I didn't spot the 52s though!

You could always see if you could find someone to make some for him. You could try asking at a dry cleaners, as the people who do alterations will often make stuff too.

ElaineFromLondon Mon 01-Dec-14 19:40:42

They have waist sizes big enough for him, but the trousers/shorts would need a massive length alteration which I wouldn't be capable of.

FelixTitling Mon 01-Dec-14 19:42:44

They do alterations for £5.99 too.

ElaineFromLondon Mon 01-Dec-14 19:59:04

I think I'll just have to get something from there then, and quickly. Today he couldn't go to his friends house because his chino shorts( the last pair of non-school trousers that he could get away with) broke and couldn't be refastened. Poor thing sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now