Talk

Advanced search

fighting for own space dd not talking to me anymore

(4 Posts)
manicmum6children Sat 29-Nov-14 22:42:46

Help my dd who is 13 is not talking to anyone now. When she was 11 ( the good old times) she was sharing a room with her sisters and she complained that she wanted her own room so I thought oh privacy needed puberty starting so I gave her a new room it was all nicely decorated and all and now 2 years later she won`t talk at all she will come home from school and run up to her bedroom any time I try to talk to her she starts a row and runs up to her bedroom I am really concerned that something is going on but I really don't know what.Could you help me ?confused

Fiftyplusmum Sat 29-Nov-14 23:10:52

Is there someone else she can talk to? eg your sister or does she have an older sibling ? She seems to feel she can't talk to you. Does she have friends? Does she invite them home?

manicmum6children Sun 30-Nov-14 19:11:49

Yes she invites them home and no she can't really talk to any of her sisters and brothers are all older but I will invite more friends over thanks!

mameulah Sun 30-Nov-14 20:25:56

Could you explain to her your concerns and say that you will have to contact her teachers or whatever.

I mean saying it nicely but firmly. And in a way that means she can't try that passive aggressive bullying thing on you.

Just an idea. Good luck.
Also, I would snoop round her Facebook, phone etc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now