Talk

Advanced search

can my 11yr old's father change his school without my consent?

(3 Posts)
hanson007 Mon 17-Nov-14 13:23:43

ex has alot of access with 11yr old, almost every weekend fri night to sun night, thought it was amicable but ex manipulating our son to move in with him. looks likely it will happen, however ex moved to another county and wants to have him change schools, can i stop him changing schools?

pandora987 Tue 18-Nov-14 10:28:31

If you apply for a change of school, I'm pretty sure both people with parental responsibility will have to agree. But different LEAs maybe different. You need to speak to them directly and ask. Some LEAs go on where the child lives most, and some need agreement between two parties or they choose at random who gets to choose! Good luck

pandora987 Tue 18-Nov-14 10:28:42

If you apply for a change of school, I'm pretty sure both people with parental responsibility will have to agree. But different LEAs maybe different. You need to speak to them directly and ask. Some LEAs go on where the child lives most, and some need agreement between two parties or they choose at random who gets to choose! Good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now