Talk

Advanced search

Odd period symptoms? Anyone else?

(11 Posts)
LaQueenIsKickingThroughLeaves Thu 13-Nov-14 08:54:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Lottie4 Thu 13-Nov-14 10:24:56

When I have my period I normally feel warm just before, and then chilled to the bone. I generally get nausea myself just before I come on and the first few hours into it, and then feel really tired after a couple of days - I always thought the tiredness was due to loss of blood and iron levels, but read recently it's due to a change in hormones at that time. My DD has just had her second period and was noticeably tired (think this is the first time in her life she's admittedly to tiredness).

My nausea used to be far worse when I was younger (to the extent I would faint) but I think this was due to the fact I used to have very painful periods.

Everyone else may say I'm wrong, but I would say these symptons are fairly common. Having said that, you are obviously worried about your DD so if symptons do get worse, it might be worth having a word with the doctor. I don't think it will make much difference if down to hormones, but try and encourage her to drink, eat healthily and perhaps rest a bit more at the time.

VirtualPointyHat Thu 13-Nov-14 10:33:41

Yes, I am afraid that is my experience too.

Things that help include taking aspirin as soon as any symptoms, and a small amount of sugary food/ drink seems to reduce shivering.

LaQueenIsKickingThroughLeaves Thu 13-Nov-14 12:26:25

alpacasosoft Thu 13-Nov-14 20:32:16

I had this today- bone tired, freezing, nausea and shivering.
Yep AF has arrived this evening
I think its due to the Prostaglandins - cause uterine contractions.

If I can I start taking ibuprofen the day before my period is due and eat some extra carbs ,I tend to find its much, much better.

LaQueenIsKickingThroughLeaves Thu 13-Nov-14 21:03:49

alpacasosoft Thu 13-Nov-14 21:30:36

Ah -I was going to suggest one of the apps to track her cycle.There are lots of free ones.

It might be useful anyway to see if they are becoming more regular-Dd was like that and is now like clockwork.

LaQueenIsKickingThroughLeaves Thu 13-Nov-14 21:33:54

LaQueenIsKickingThroughLeaves Thu 13-Nov-14 21:34:14

alpacasosoft Fri 14-Nov-14 17:21:15

Sorry I konked out early last night !

I use one called "My Cycles" its a pink flower if you are searching for it.
Its ok -when my period is due in 3-4 days it sends me a message saying " Auntie Flo is coming to town !"
I find that very hmm but also its really useful !

It does have quite bit of fertility stuff on their but I found that with most of them and ignore that at my advanced age .

alpacasosoft Fri 14-Nov-14 17:21:43

there

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now