Talk

Advanced search

Inappropriate advertising aimed at pre and young teens.

(10 Posts)
JuneyHod Sun 02-Nov-14 15:47:43

Does anyone else think that the product, 'Sexy, Mother Pucker gloss crayons', that appear in the Boots Xmas catalogue is inappropriate and offensive? It would appear to be aimed at pre and young teens.

PourquoiTuGachesTaVie Sun 02-Nov-14 15:50:18

It's a Soap and Glory product isn't it? Their products aren't aimed at pre and young teens.

MaudantWit Sun 02-Nov-14 15:54:50

I was ready to be outraged but, yes, Soap and Glory is a range for adults, much given to punning titles and not aimed at pre teens or young teens.

Definitely not aimed at teens and pre-teens, sorry.

chipsandpeas Sun 02-Nov-14 16:00:59

i dont think soap and glory is aimed at kids either

MaudantWit Sun 02-Nov-14 16:01:04

A quick browse of the Boots website shows that there are several S&G products called Sexy Mother Pucker. None look remotely like they could be intended for pre-teens or young teens.

Whiskwarrior Sun 02-Nov-14 16:09:37

Soap & Glory is definitely not aimed at teens or pre-teens. It's an adult range and is found in the Women's Beauty section of the Boots catalogue so you're way off hmm

JuneyHod Sun 02-Nov-14 17:22:36

It must just be me then. I agree that their other products relate to women but it's my opinion that this particular packaging being pink, retro and using the word 'crayons' bucks the trend. My 19 year old granddaughter said they would have appealed to her as a 13 year old. Call me old fashioned!

IAmACircle Sun 02-Nov-14 17:39:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

JuneyHod Sun 02-Nov-14 17:57:27

Does it not leave you with a feeling of unease that the term 'Mother Pucker', is out there on open shelves, in a catalogue that young children can read? it was my 6 year old grandson that brought my attention to it - he wondered what ' Mother Pucker' was, and I of course gave him an innocent answer, even though you and I and anyone who reads it knows what the marketing people really meant. I only asked for other opinions. I have them now. Thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now