Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

12 yr old lying and stealing

(2 Posts)
cienix Sat 15-Oct-11 22:54:38

help my 12yr old daughter is stealing cash amd lying about it. I have been keeping cash in the house as im saving up for christmas, and my 12 yr old has stolen £100. When I have asked her why she tells a different story everytime. I am at my wits end. She is spending it on sweets and make up, but she says 'friends' are buying these for her. I don't know what to do next. She is now grounded indeffinately

CeliaFate Mon 17-Oct-11 16:43:04

Could she be bullied at school? Needing money is often a reason for stealing, to appease the bullies.
Alternatively, she could just be trying to impress her friends and buying them things. £100 is an awful lot of sweets and make up.
You need to speak to the head of year and your dd's form tutor to see if anything is happening at school, if she seems unhappy or lonely. Talk to her and try and understand why before you punish her. Obviously she can't get away with it, but I think the amount of money she's stolen makes it more worrying iyswim.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now