Talk

Advanced search

Dd 10 changing before my eyes?

(11 Posts)
lexcat Thu 28-Jul-11 12:45:17

First signs of change were about 2 years ago and very slow changes up in until about a month ago. First the feet starting growing (ok about 3months ago) and still are slowly. Her face is changing looking so grown up I fine myself looking twice, plus more outbreaks of spots on her nose. She was a little curvy but only really could see that when she was naked but suddenly you can really see her curves in most of her clothes. Lastly she's had small bumps for nipples for about 2 years and suddenly she has a tiny bust (ie just fits a aa cup). She did have bit of a growth spur about 18 months ago and had very slow steady growth since so the only thing not changed yet.

Do you think this is the start of rapid growth in all directions? It's hard as my little girl is turning into a young woman and I feel I want by little girl for a little longer. At least till she's finished primary school (Y6 in Sep).

ZZZenAgain Thu 28-Jul-11 12:48:10

me too, same here, don't like it either

twolittlekittens Tue 02-Aug-11 06:46:22

My 10YO DD is still pretty much a little girl physically, her mood swings are certainly not those of a child. It seems her hormones are jangling, but her body is reluctant to catch up. That suits me.

nojustificationneeded Tue 02-Aug-11 07:28:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

katewestmum Wed 10-Aug-11 20:06:28

I'm in the same situation - dd9 - First signs of change for her were about a year ago i noticed her face had changed, feet got bigger and now a few spots. I could only see her curves when she was naked but it feels like overnight they started showing through her clothes.

I don't want to put her in a bra but does anyone think i should? She is probably nearly a cc cup? Also, has anyone else got a dd 9 with early signs of pubic hair?

katewestmum Wed 10-Aug-11 20:07:41

above should say aa cup!

chloeb2002 Fri 12-Aug-11 03:36:31

hand up.. my dd is 9 in a few weeks and has pubic hair.. probably nearly a aa bust.. she wears crop tops.. feet now a size 5... i fear... the next step!

katewestmum Fri 12-Aug-11 06:00:58

I noticed about 3 weeks ago for the first time that dd has pubic hair but this week when she was in the bath i noticed she has got more, I can't rememeber mine sprouting that quick and I'm sure I was 12 when it started!

chloeb2002 You have given me a great idea, I will get dd some crop tops, I don't really want her in a bra just yet if I can get away with it.

lexcat Thu 01-Sep-11 10:40:30

Dd has now grown almost an inch with in a month. Plus her feet still seem to be growing. She's 10 and from behind looks like a lady as her hips and bottom seem to be still filling out and the waist is shrinking. The small problem is finding her school trousers as they are all to short in the body. Meaning as soon as she sits down her bum crack is showing, not a good look.

startail Fri 02-Sep-11 13:12:31

My 10.5 year old has just got a tiny bust and a size bigger feet over the holidays.
Nothing like the curves her big sister had at that age, because she is much slimmer.
She is probably slightly less moody than she was, but that may just be the holidays.
She is always the moody, it's not fair, the world should bend to my will one, so it's hard to tellgrin
At 13 her elder sister has bigger feet and is taller than me and has a curvy size 12 adult woman's body (except her breasts are a bit small).
So I don't expect to have any little girls by next summer. I would besad, but DD2 doesn't seem bothered about getting more mature (I thought she might) so I'm just crossing my fingers that she'll only be a fairly horrible teen.

startail Fri 02-Sep-11 13:18:36

DD1 isn't even faintly horrible, but she has never fitted in with her peer group and only ever has a few special friends. So the whole teenage angst thing just passes over her.
Her very sociable, fashion concuss sister is totally her opposite and totally the opposite of DH and I so I fear rocky times ahead.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now